Experts in All Transmissions, Foreign & Dometic
Call Us Now! 310-235-2754
Why Westside Transmission?
- We offer complete transmission service, repair & replacement for both automatic and manual transmissions on all makes and models (foreign and domestic), including cars. trucks, minivans and SUV’s.
- AAA Approved
- Standard Warranty:2 years / 24,000 Miles* excludes CVT, in service/ tow commercial vehicles, and modified.
- FREE Vehicle computer diagnostics scan/review, visual transmission inspection, fluid level & condition check, AND a road test. ALL at no obligation!
- FREE car rental (loaner) with transmission repair or replacement.
- FREE Towing within 5 miles of our shop with transmission rebuild or replacement.
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) & ATSG (Automatic Transmission Service Group) Member.
Want More Information?
I’m Thinking of Getting a New Car:
Should I Get an Automatic or a Manual?
When deciding on what type of transmission to get, the most important thing to figure out is what your needs are. Will you be driving in the city or taking long road trips? Are you experienced with manual transmissions? Do you want to do your own repairs? Is cost or convenience more important to you? How important is fuel efficiency to you? Do you want a compact car or a larger vehicle?
Once you’ve figured out these questions, then you can decide which one will work better. Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of each type:
However, manual transmissions wear down more easily because of the friction involved, especially if you are mainly doing city driving. Los Angeles can be a tough city for a manual transmission. However, they’re great if you’re mainly driving over long stretches or taking road trips. If you are experienced with stick shifts your transmission can last a lot longer than if you had an automatic one.
Another advantage of the manual transmission is that if you know how to work on cars, you may be able to do some small repairs yourself. They are easier to work on than automatic transmissions and often cheaper to repair.
Although traditionally manual transmissions have been more fuel efficient, automatic transmissions are slowly catching up. However, in some vehicles there can still be as much as a 10% increase in fuel use for an automatic transmission! Overdrive gears can help this problem. They make sure your engine uses less gas and isn’t worn as much.
Consider talking to car repair your technician before making your choice! He or she can help you think about what you really need and what’s best for your lifestyle.
I brought my BMW in to jack because it was having trans mission problems, He gave me an estimate after looking at the car and stuck to it. i couldn't believe how fast it was done and now it feels like brand new." Zion Shina, Los Angeles
We are located at 2050 Contner Avenue West Los Angeles,CA 90025