Back to School Safety for Your CarPosted on: 02, August, 2019
Back to school season is upon us, and all of us here at Westside Transmission & Automotive want your vehicles to be kid-safe and ready for the road.
Here's a great back to school vehicle readiness checklist:
- Check your wipers. With winter weather approaching making sure that your windshield wipers are free of wear and tear. This will help you see clearly during inclement weather and keep all those back to school kiddos safe.
- Check your lights. Look at your interior and exterior lights and replace the ones that are dimming, flashing, or out. Doing this will help with nighttime visibility and making sure you can see as well as be seen.
- Take your ride to have an annual brake inspection done. Your brakes are a crucial safety feature. Illuminated brake lights and grinding, clicking, or screeching sounds may be trying to tell you that a professional auto mechanic needs to have a look.
- Checking your tires for excessive wear, under inflation and uneven wear also, check the tread depth. A simple way to check tread depth is by putting a penny head-down between the tire treads. It's time to replace the tires if the tread does not cover Lincoln's head.
- Be sure that everyone in the car is buckled up. For essential tips on seat belt fit and position, visit The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website. It has information about how to install car seats and suggestions for booster seats that suit your little one.
- Don’t text and drive. Texting can wait, getting safely to your destination is more important than any text message.
The team here at Westside Transmission & Automotive can help you with any repair issues that may come up during this busy time of year. We deeply value the relationships with our clients and want to keep them safe, happy and comfortable in their vehicles. Westside Transmission & Automotive is also offering a FREE Car Inspection for College students, just bring in your current college ID. If you have any more questions about preparing your car for the busy back to school season or have any other auto repair inquiries, don’t hesitate to ask us about it. To schedule an appointment at Westside Transmission & Automotive, contact us at 310-473-2235. We are located at 2050 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
Until next time. Thanks for reading and check out next weeks blog with more back to school safety tips.
Laura @ Westside Transmission & Automotive, Inc.